Thursday, February 11, 2016

Corrupt Referees

Corrupt Referees






There is an extremely important topic that I need to talk about today and its about referees. Lately I have been noticing that in a lot of my away games for soccer, the refs were almost always in the favor of the other team. To me this is very important topic because these refs are making a difference in the game and not in a positive way. Many teams are being robbed a win, because the referees are calling in favor for the team that play in their area and its just not fair.

I travel a lot with my Cutler Ridge Soccer and I have seen many corrupt refs. Just last week we went up to Sarasota, to play against Chivas Soccer Academy. I wont lie, it was a tough game but I will say that the refs played an important role in that game. The other team was playing dirty and they sometimes wouldn't even go for the ball. The ref just let them play like that, but when we bumped them a little in the shoulder, the ref would call a foul.

I don't mean to sound mean but that ref was complete trash at making calls. He wasn't calling any hand balls in our favor, only against us. The ref was obviously on the Chivas team and wanted the home team to win. Some of the calls that this guy was making would make you wonder if he forgot his contacts at home. I honestly ask myself sometimes, who is the one that give these type of people a license to ref because some of them are really bad.

Not all referees are corrupt, some of them respect the game and call it alike both ways. But like I mentioned earlier, there are some refs that are ruining the beautiful game of soccer and its a shame. I feel like the people that give out the licenses need to make harder tests and be stricter on who they allow to become a referee. I just really hope that the refs aren't corrupt at the tournament that I have this weekend in Weston. They might just play a key role in who becomes the champion.


1 comment:

  1. I agree, when I used to play soccer there were so many unfair refs that just completely ruin the game. And not only when I played too. Sometimes I even see them when I watch games on the television.

    ReplyDelete