Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Special Cleats



Special Cleats



Since I started playing soccer at a young age, I have gone through many shoes. Back in the day my family was as fortunate as we are now, so I had wear cheap shoes (fake). They would tear easily and I still remember the one time the front of my shoe opened and you could see my toes. This happened in the middle of a game and my dad had to go to his truck and get tape to fix my shoe. I had to use those duck taped shoes for a whole month, until my uncle saw them and felt bad.

My uncle took one look at my shoes and immediately asked for my size. About a week later he showed up with a box containing brand new Nike T90 shoes. They were all black with red outline. The best part of these shoes were that they were real and they lasted me a really long time. Ever since that day my favorite cleats have been T90s. Eventually when those cleats were ready  to retire I ended of getting another pair of T90 cleats(the image shown above).

Like I said before I have gone through a lot of cleats but none of them could ever compare to the orange T90s. That season that I used those cleats in, was the best season of my whole career. You probably wouldn't believe me, but I played like a young little Messi. I scored so many goals with those cleats that I never wanted to get rid of them. I was unstoppable with those cleats, I would score almost every game with them.

Sadly the year after my amazing season, Nike decided to stop making T90 cleats. I would never be able to buy those amazing cleats ever again. When the orange T90s broke, I had to search for new cleats to buy. I tried many shoes such as F50s, Hypervenoms, Predators, and Mecurials. They were all good shoes but none of them could compare to my special T90s. Nike should have never gotten rid of those cleats, but it is what it is. Maybe Nike one day will do a throwback and bring back those legendary cleats.














2 comments:

  1. Wow. Those are awesome shoes. You must be a great soccer player.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know how you feel, i would be very sad if they stopped making the nike fly wire brand

    ReplyDelete